Friday, November 25, 2022

Review: The Secret Gift

The Secret Gift The Secret Gift by Bethany Atazadeh
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Jezebel has a secret … she has the Gift of shape-shifting and can’t let anyone know.  Many would want to exploit this gift and others would want to take it away from her.  She knows she needs to keep it hidden, but when one of her friends sees her practicing her Gift, her fears are realized and she is blackmailed into using the Gift for selfish reasons.  What will Jezebel be asked to do?  How will she respond? 

The Secret Gift is the first book in The Queen’s Rise series.  The description asks “WHAT IF THE EVIL QUEEN WAS INNOCENT UNTIL SHE WAS BETRAYED?” and that made me want to read this book, but Jezebel is far from being royalty, let alone the actual queen.  Knowing that “EVIL QUEEN” is in her future, this story was fascinating and fun, but without that one statement, I’m not sure I would know what the purpose of this book was.  I want to see how the next book continues the story to see if it is a true fairytale retelling.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment