Friday, August 26, 2022

Review: The First to Die at the End

The First to Die at the End The First to Die at the End by Adam Silvera
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Valentino has just moved to New York City and can’t wait to move forward into the future.  Orion has a bad heart and keeps expecting to not have another day.  They meet in Times Square on the night before Death-Cast goes live.  They both joined Death-Cast for different reasons, but when Valentino receives the very first phone call … their lives become intertwined forever.  Neither boy knows how the day will end, but they do know they want to spend Valentino’s last minutes or hours together.

The First to Die at the End is the prequel novel to They Both Die at the End.  The original book was released five years ago, but I actually just read it this summer for book club.  Because of reading these two books so close, I was able to fully appreciate the cameo appearances of many characters from the original story.  I will admit I didn’t like the language and sexual thoughts/descriptions, but it wasn’t enough for me to stop reading the book.  A thoroughly enjoyable this prequel and I am glad I got to read about how it all started. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment