Friday, June 24, 2022

Review: No One Is Alone

No One Is Alone No One Is Alone by Rachel Vincent
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Michaela has a good life.  She has a best friend she can tell anything and a single mother who she has a good relationship with.  She doesn’t see her dad very often, though.  He lives a few towns away and only comes around near holidays and on her birthday.  That all changes when her mother is hit by a car and dies.  She learns she must move in with her dad … and his other family.  Turns out he wasn’t a confirmed bachelor who didn’t want a family.  He already had a family and her mom was the other woman.  His wife knew about Michaela, but her two brothers and her sister just found out, hours before she was brought over to live with them.  Will this new family ever become hers?

No One Is Alone is a stand-alone realistic fiction story that grabbed my attention at the beginning and kept me reading until the end.  Vincent created characters that were easy to understand and empathize with.  I lost my father when I was young, but I didn’t learn about another family that needed to be understood while also grieving.  This could have happened to me (or anyone else) and that realization made the book that much more compelling.  I recommend No One Is Alone to everyone who enjoys a good read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment