Saturday, February 20, 2021

Review: Pride and Premeditation

Pride and Premeditation Pride and Premeditation by Tirzah Price
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Elizabeth Bennet wants to be a lawyer, just like her father, and she is going to prove her abilities to him.  When a murder has a society man as the possible culprit, Lizzy decides that it is just the case she should solve to persuade her father.  She runs into many difficulties along the way, but the largest of them is Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy.  He is a friend of Mr. Bingley and the lawyer hired for the defense.  Lizzie believes that authorities have charged the wrong man and will stop at nothing to find the real killer.  Will Lizzie be able to prove Mr. Bingley’s innocence?  Will she be able to untangle the complicated knot Darcy seems to be causing her emotions to make?

 

Pride and Premeditation is the first book in the Jane Austen Murder Mystery series.  Let me start by saying I LOVE PRIDE AND PREJUDICE!  I watch every version that is made into film and read all the adaptations that come out.  Some are great and many are useless, but this book was perfect.  I loved how all the characters I love (and hate) are there in their proper place, but we also have a heroine who isn’t afraid to rock the normal role of women in her time.  It doesn’t matter if you like Pride and Prejudice or just a good mystery, this series is going to be addictive.  My only disappointment is I have to wait for the next installment. 


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment