Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Review: Kind of a Big Deal

Kind of a Big Deal Kind of a Big Deal by Shannon Hale
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Josie Pie was a big deal … in high school.  She even dropped out of high school to move to New York City and become a star!  Her dream was short-lived and now she is a nanny in Montana where she is hoping to earn money and pay down the debt she racked up in NYC.  She is isolated in a town where she knows no one and her old support system has fallen apart.  Josie is desperate to get away from her life and decides to start reading again.  What she doesn’t expect is to literally be pulled into the books she is reading.  Is she going crazy?  What is causing the phenomenon?

 

Kind of a Big Deal is a stand-alone novel that is definitely more comedy than fine literature.  I found myself rolling my eyes at the characters and storyline while also trying to figure out where Hale was going to take the story next.  I’m not sure I would have finished the book if I hadn’t committed to reviewing it.  It is a short read, so as something to fill in some free time, it was OK.  Definitely not a book to make time for, but if you don’t have anything else on your agenda, it is good for a laugh.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment