Thursday, May 7, 2020

Review: This Boy

This Boy This Boy by Lauren Myracle
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Paul is in his freshman seminar when he realizes that he is nowhere near the top of the food chain.  According to the conversation, he isn’t even an alpha lobster.  That doesn’t bother him, because he has a new friend, Roby, and what more could a young man want?  You are right!  They want a girl too.  Well, Natalia has caught his interest and she doesn’t mind spending time with the two boys.  Will Paul move up in the food chain that is high school?  What actions will Paul be willing to try to feel accepted?


This Boy is a stand-alone coming of age story that will have a very small reading audience.  I usually don’t mind books that are full of boy thoughts and boy humor, but this book just pushed it too far.  I finished the book because I had agreed to review it, but if I hadn’t committed to a review, I would have returned it without finishing.  There will be readers out there who want to know all the sexist and perverted thoughts teenage boys are thinking, so if you do, then this is your book.  If you don’t want to ready about “all that,” then pass this book by.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment