Saturday, April 25, 2020

Review: Umbra

Umbra Umbra by Christina Bauer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Thorne may be in the line of succession for Emperor of the Omniverse, but he knows one thing … he does not want to be a ruler like his father.  Cole is an Emperor who doesn’t keep his promises to those who put him on the throne and Thorne knows that is not right.  When Thorne decides to take a break from saving the Omniverse by going to the human world, he discovers his transcendent … his one true love.  Thorne never thought he would find his transcendent and he is highly motivated to do what he can to keep Meimi safe.  What might this safety cost Thorne?  Will his actions have consequences on his home world of Umbra?


Umbra is the second prequel novel in the Dimension Drift series.  I was expecting this book to pick up where the last prequel stopped, so I was a little confused at first.  Once I realized I was in a different world with a different main character … things fell into place quickly.  There is a lot of action packed into this short book and readers will eagerly work their way through it to find out what happens next.  Bauer now has a strong male character to go along with Meimi from the first book.  I can’t wait to see where this goes in Alien Minds (which is already out).

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment