Sunday, September 8, 2019

Review: The Hive

The Hive The Hive by Barry Lyga
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

After social media went out of control, the government helped develop the Hive. If someone does something inappropriate online, people voice their opinion and if condemned, the crowd has the option to come after them. Cassie has changed schools at the start of her senior year and her new friends have encouraged her to send out a joke about the president’s daughter. She doesn’t think anything about it until the Hive decides it wants vengeance against her. She is now running for her life and doesn’t really know who she can trust.

The Hive is a stand-alone science fiction novel that is too close to being real. The technology discussed within these pages is either available or nearly so and a society like this is all too possible. Lyga and Baden have teamed up to write a story that will make readers want to turn the pages continuously. I had my own ideas on how I thought it would end, but the story just sort of fizzled out. As a stand-alone book, I was disappointed. If these authors decide to make it into a series, then I will be happy. Overall I recommend The Hive to anyone who wants a science fiction or adventure story.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment