Saturday, August 10, 2019

Review: Mind Games

Mind Games Mind Games by Shana Silver
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Arden has a side hustle at school selling memories. It doesn’t matter if you want to experience becoming a homecoming queen or want an easy way to study for a test; she has the memory for you. She feels like she has the best business in the school until she sees a new boy at school and asks for an introduction. She finds out that the boy isn’t new and has been her lab partner for years. Where have her memories gone? When she discovers that he has no memories of anything before that morning, she uses her hacking skills to try and uncover the truth behind the mystery.

Mind Games is a stand-alone science fiction thriller that grabbed my attention at the beginning and I couldn’t put it down until I turned the last page. I read A LOT of books and try to be stingy with my 5-star ratings, but I had a feeling that this was going to be a rarity. Silver has taken some modern science and interspersed it with more science fiction. This blend of truth and fiction gives the story just enough plausibility that readers will wonder if this might happen in the near future. I enjoyed this book so much I don’t want to limit my recommendation to only sci-fi fans. Everyone, just give it a try!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment